Latest Blog Post

Flash your ESP32 based Player with the latest firmware via web browser!

  sle118 , one of the main developers of SqueezeESP32 (aka Squezzelite-ESP32) has concentrated over the past of weeks on reworking the build system, paving the way to a full integration with the esp-web-tools. Which allows flashing a complete set of binaires from the web browser. The current state of the web browser based firmware installer is just from the look and feel still very simplified, but it's up to date with the latest firmware builds and easy to use. This is another important step to make ESP32 WROVER based music players even more accessible to the general public. Minimum requirements: Web Browser: Chromium based like Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge OS: Windows, macOS, ... Driver: Make sure you have the right USB/Serial drivers installed like: CP2102 CH341 Web firmware installer: https://sle118.github.io/squeezelite-esp32-installer/          

ESP MUSE Mn Cast has arrived


One of my two pre-ordered ESP MUSE Mn Cast audio players arrived today. This is the white version. I still have to wait a bit for my also pre-ordered black version.

I'm really excited to see what the first real audio player, which is not a naked DIY developer board, has under the hood and how its audio quality is. Because about the exact technical specification, such as the used DAC, etc. raspiaudio has not made any statements. So I bought a cat in a bag for my needs and that twice. Despite my previous, rather sobering experiences with another SqueezeESP32 compatible player from raspiaudio. But more about that soon also here on my blog.

Now I will unpack the white ESP MUSE Mn Cast. Because I have not yet done that. To first look at what was really installed on the PCB. Once I have then thoroughly tested the player, I will publish my detailed experience and review.   



Comments